Home      |      About Us      |      Contact Us     
AFGE Local 1206
Local 1206 - American Federation of Government Employees, AFL-CIO SERVING THOSE WHO SERVE OUR VETERANS
ArrowLogin : Members Only
ArrowMembership Benefits
ArrowMembership Application
ArrowBulletin Board
ArrowLegal Resources


AFGE Local 1206
2015 Election results



  Your Union Needs Volunteers for Stewards





 National News





Please read this, it can save someone's life!! Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.  This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator.  Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this:  It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it.  It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage.  If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break in your house, odds are the burglar or rapist won't stick around... after a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there.

What a Federal Employee Should do When Injured at Work

1.Report to Supervisor

2.Obtain Medical Care by a Doctor, not a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant

3.Contact AFGE Local 1206
Gloria SalterPresident
(916) 561-7539(916) 561-7539

4.File Written Notice
Form CA-1 (Traumatic Injury)
Form CA-2 (Occupational Disease)

5. Obtain Receipt of Notice (From Supervisor)

6. Submit Claim for COP/Leave and /or Compensation for Wage Loss

Additional information (AFGE Master Agreement, Article 38 "Worker's Compensation")


P.O. Box 1873 Rancho Cordova , CA 95741    Call: (916) 843-7032(916) 843-7032
President: Gloria Salter
Vice President: Marcus Walker
Sec/Treas : Bill Gemignani
Legal Notice